Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Discourse Communities and Some Writing (*.*)

1. humans are social beings, and with that said we have tendencies to group together. each group differs from one to another usually, but from within the group, people tend to have the similar aspirations, languages, physical and emotional characteristics, and other things such as music, theatre, or even forms of communication. this is what we would call a discourse community.
2.Russel Baker found his calling to become a writer in high school after going through what most people would call an epiphany, he got a sudden burst of inspiration that led him to realize what he was most passionate about in this world. i can say that it was maybe the same thing for me as far as finding my passion for dancing. at age 12 i started dancing ballroom, salsa. i danced because my parents were Hispanic and they wanted to teach me a little bit about my culture. there was no way i liked it at all, i wasn't even any good at it. one day i went to a quincenera and someone asked me out to dance, i said hey i learned a few things why not? when we got out to the dance floor everything ended as a disaster. i stubbed her toe elbowed her shoulder and made her fall when i spun her. after all of that she stopped me and said, "you need to learn to dance." and walked away, leaving me alone on the dance floor. ever since that day i vowed i would never go through such an embarrassing moment again, i started taking real dance classes at studios, and as i continued i realized i really did like dancing. through one moment i discovered my passion maybe not exactly like Russel Baker but close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment